Happy Friday Eve!
This has been a busy week for me at work and I'm so ready for the weekend!
Today I'm going to share with you some of my makeup must haves!
1. Elf Mineral Face Primer $6.00 - This is the best makeup primer I've used. It makes my face feel super smooth without making it super oily! And for 6 bones, you can't beat it!
2. Clinique Superbalanced Mineral Powder $34.50 - I used to be a major bare minerals fan. But I think this stuff trumps bare minerals. It provides great coverage and it stays on well. I love that you grind your own powder, so you don't waste it. And it's SPF 15! Gotta protect your face from the sun!
3. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess $32 - You may think $32 seems like a steep price to pay for bronzer. But one container will last you forever. I've had mine for months and I swear I haven't put a dint in it! I love the subtle shimmer that it adds to my cheeks! This is by far the best bronzer I've ever used.
4. Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara $15 - Best. Mascara. Ever. I have about 4 tubes of this mascara. I keep one in my purse, one in my makeup bag (duh), one in my desk at work and I always have a spare. I love this stuff!!
5. Elf Shimmering Facial Whip (in Toasted) $1.00 - This stuff is the bomb.com. I use it as a highlighter for my cheek bones. But it can be used on your eyelids, lips or anywhere really! Any yes, it really is only $1!!
6. Victoria's Secret Sparkle Liner $7 (in Nightlight) - I've been using this eyeliner for years. And it's the only kind I use. I love the sparkle that it has and it goes on so easy and stays all day! It's $7 but Vickie's offers either 2 for $12 or 4 for $20 (mix and match with other beauty items). The only negative about this eyeliner is that it's a pencil liner so it has to be sharpened.
7. Urban Decay Naked Palette $50 - This is still very new to me, but I am obsessed! I love every one of the colors in the palette and I think its just good quality eye shadow! I think it stays on really well (I use smashbox photo finish lid primer). Sidecar, Naked and Darkhorse are my favorites.
As a bonus, here are some of my must have haircare products. My hair is not easy to control. My hair is baby fine and has this awful natural wave. And since it's so fine, it doesn't take long for it to get super oily. And my flyaways are ridiculous!!
|1. Kenra Platinum Working Spray 14 $22 - This is the best hairspray I've ever used. And I've used many different types of hairspray. This holds my hair in place without my hair feeling hard or sticky. My cousin works a nice salon up here and she recommended it to me. And I trust her judgement 100%.|
2. Johnson's No More Tangles $3.50 - As I explained earlier, I have baby fine hair. And my baby fine hair tangles soooo badly. So I use this baby (very fitting, I know) detangler. I love the way it smells and it makes my hair super soft while conditioning my hair!
3. Fekkai Beach Waves $25 - I found about this gem of a product thanks to our favorite Bargain Blonde. And ya'll, I LOVE this stuff. It really helps make my unmanageable waves nice and beachy. It makes for an easy hair style. I can spray some of this in my towel dried hair and just walk out the door. Perfection.
4. Redken Guts 10 $16.50 - This is the best root lifter/volumizing spray foam around.This stuff really helps give my roots a boost and prevents my baby fine hair from looking super flat.
I am by no means a beauty expert. I learn by lots of trial and error. And now that I'm almost 27 years old, I think I've finally figured out how to do my hair! :) That's progress, people!
Ooohh... You may see a familiar face over on Katie's blog. Go say hi!!
Happy Thursday, love bugs!